Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Typical Day of Eating- May 1, 2011

So, I'm on day four of my elimination of BOP from my diet and I'm already experiencing marked improvement with my eczema. While the rash is still present on my hand, it is not as dry, cracked and painful and I can see signs of healing.

For breakfast today, I had steel-cut oatmeal made with steel-cut oats, a dollop of butter, a little brown sugar, a splash of almond milk, and a sprinkling of chopped walnuts and dried fruit. And of course, I had a cup of strong coffee with powdered non-dairy creamer and a packet of Splenda.

Lunch consisted of a bed of spring mix greens, grapes, a sprinkling of chipped walnuts and cranberries (this was before I knew about the benzoate relationship), diced onions and slices of cucumbers.

I had a light dinner, this evening. It was a large lavash wrap made with flaxseed and oat bran and sold at BJ's. I spread a wedge of Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese on the bread, piled on some spinach, cucumbers, two slices of roast beef and called it a day. I must say, it was quite tasty and filling!

Dessert (even on a BOP-free diet, a girl has to have dessert, right?!) was a yogurt parfait made with Dannon non-fat plain yogurt, organic frozen mixed berries and a sprinkle of homemade granola. With the berries and granola, I didn't even realize that the yogurt was plain and not flavored or vanilla. In fact, I almost thought I had mixed up my parfait with my hubby's vanilla yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment