Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Typical Day of Eating- May 3, 2011

Today's menu included the following:

For breakfast, I had a 1/2 cup Quaker Oat Bran Cereal with some blueberries and almond milk mixed in. I also had some cantaloupe.

For a morning snack, I had a Blueberry Crisp Clif bar. Clif bars do contain citric acid as one of the last ingredients, so they aren't totally BOP-free. Also, be careful when eating Clif bars because a lot of flavors contain cinnamon, too.

Lunch included a mixed greens salad with red, yellow and orange peppers, onions and roast beef. I dress my salads with s spritz of olive oil and some oregano since most salad dressings include either vinegar, sodium benzoate or citric acid- read those labels carefully because the ingredients may surprise you (and not in a good way!)!!

For snack, I had some more cantaloupe and a Babybel light cheese wheel.

Dinner was a frittata made with eggs, a splash of milk, peppers, onions and celery. I also had a slice of homemade bread with butter (the bread was truly the main dish- yum!).

No comments:

Post a Comment