Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Learning to *Tolerate* Bananas

I have a confession to make- I do not like bananas. In fact, I really detest them and for years, I would not let one cross my lips. It's a texture, taste, smell thing for me. Yuck!

Well, introduce a Balsam of Peru allergy and all things citrus are out of the question and I already know that I'm allergic to apples, pears and peaches (that's why you'll see so few of those fruits listed in recipes on this site). SOOOoo, that means that doesn't leave me with many fruits in which I can safely consume without an eczema breakout.

So, I'm learning to tolerate bananas and even voluntarily buy them at the store. *Gasp!* I've used them in a couple of recipes and some smoothies. I can still taste them, but at least I don't go running away, screaming. I've got to start somewhere, right?! ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment