Monday, November 7, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving jitters

Halloween is over. Thanksgiving and Christmas are soon upon us. This should be a happy, joyful time full of fun times, family, relaxing and FOOD! Except, when you have a food allergy, this can be a pretty stressful time of year.

This is the first year that I will be dealing with not only my own Balsam of Peru allergies, but my daughters allergies to eggs, nuts and soy. To complicate matters, we are going to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner where I have virtually no control over dinner. Dun, dun, DUN!

So, I'm racking my brain and trying to think of "safe" things to eat. As I think of them, and as I formulate a plan, I'll be posting recipes and ideas/suggestions on the blog of holiday fare. I am open to suggestions and I'm curious how those out there in cyberland are going to be treating this holiday season when it comes to eating with a BOP allergy. Let the suggestions an comments begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment