Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chinese Take Out

I love Chinese take-out. While not necessarily the most healthy thing in the world to eat, I do love a good General Tso chicken and egg roll. However, add in an allergy to BOP (sodium benzoate is found in soy sauce), and Chinese take-out is off the list. However, I've learned to modify my eating in order to indulge just a little.

You see, when the hubby and I are craving Chinese, he orders whatever he wants (lucky bum!) and I order the steamed chicken and mixed veggies. You can find this under the "diet" section of most Chinese take-out restaurants. They steam the meat and veggies and put the sauce on the SIDE! You get white rice with the meal. So, once you bring the food home, just toss the sauce (that comes separately) and enjoy your rice, chicken and veg! No sodium benzoate, I get to have some Chinese take-out and it's fairly healthy to boot- win-win, if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment