Friday, April 29, 2011

Now What Do I Eat?!

After a quick perusal of my pantry, I deemed 85% of it's contents as unfit to eat because it either contained chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, citrus, tomatoes, etc., etc. all related to Balsam of Peru (BOP) allergy.

I did a quick web search to see if there are others out there with this condition and it appears to be that there are many BOP sufferers out there. While most of the web hits listed the things that you CAN'T eat while trying to avoid BOP, none of them listed what you COULD eat while trying to eliminate BOP from your diet. So, my intent with creating this blog, is to be a (albeit small) voice out there in cyber-land giving hope and encouragement to those out there searching for BOP-free foods to incorporate into their diet. I love to cook and eat, so I'm determined to find edible, safe foods to eat on a regular basis.

So, at first glance, here is a quick list of things that I found in my fridge/pantry and are safe to eat:

-Spinach
-Kidney/Garbanzo beans
-Tuna/Salmon
-Chicken/Turkey/Beef
-Ricotta Cheese
-String Cheese
-Plain, non-fat yogurt (regular and Greek)
-Grapes/Strawberries
-Celery
-Sweet Peppers
-Onions
-Pesto Sauce
-Olive Oil
-Oatmeal
-Raisins/Craisins/Cherries
-Natural Peanut Butter

Hmm... there has got to be more foods than that!

1 comment:

  1. I recently discovered that I have the exact same allergy as you! It's encouraging to read your posts and not feel alone in this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete