Monday, August 6, 2012

(Egg, Nuts, Soy, Dairy, Gluten and BOP Free) Blueberry Peach Cobbler

This past weekend, we went to a good-bye party for some friends of ours. They are leaving to plant a church in another part of the state and we are going to miss them! Their little girl is the same age as Lil' Miss and she is allergic to dairy and gluten. Put that together with my daughter's allergies to eggs, nuts and soy and my own allergies to Balsam of Peru and well, you become very limited.

Here's something I came up with using what was on hand. Best of all, it tasted DELICIOUS and you would never know that it was allergen friendly! People were going back for seconds of this delish dish!

Ingredients:
1 quart blueberries
1 jar peaches (reserve juice)
2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
2 cups reserved peach juice + water
oil to grease the bottom of the pan

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of 13"x9" baking pan. Mix all ingredients except for the fruit. Gently fold in fruit. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Yum!!

3 comments:

  1. I hope this comment comes through. I cannot leave a comment with Firefox?? so I am trying Internet Explorer. Nope that didn't work and I don't see a place to email you so I am trying the other blog listed in your profile.

    Comment for Muffin Tin Monday!

    Sweet potato fries sound soooo good! It's nice to meet you through the MTM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, two years ago, when I found out I have a BOP allergy, I couldn't find any information about it anywhere! This week, my hands started itching after I ate some vanilla ice cream, and I have a pretty good idea of what caused the problem... nice to see there are more folks out there with this allergy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderfully written and expressed. thanks for the post.
    dermatologist in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete