Friday, July 15, 2011

FroYo- TCBY

To say that it's hot outside would be an understatement. Here in the Carolinas, we've reached record triple digit temperatures this past week and all I've wanted was some ice cream. Most (if not all) ice cream has a vanilla base and/or vanilla flavoring- a BOP no-no (not to mention not so friendly for the waistline).

Frozen Yogurt is somewhat more redeemable since it does contain live active cultures and (sometimes!) less calories and/or fat. So, in a compromise of heat stroke proportions, I had froyo. Before heading out to TCBY, I checked their ingredient lists online. Be careful on this one- there are more than several flavors containing sodium benzoate (vanilla, strawberry, kiwi strawberry sorbet) and many more that contain citric acid (cheesecake, chocolate, classic tart).

Coffee and Peanut Butter (my personal favorite), however, do not specifically name sodium benzoate or citric acid in their list of ingredients. That's good enough in my book. Frozen Yogurt, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment